Desk Space

Ah, winter semester. The time of the year when there's not enough chapstick or coffee in the world. As I mentioned before, getting motiv...

Ah, winter semester. The time of the year when there's not enough chapstick or coffee in the world. As I mentioned before, getting motivated to be productive can be quite the struggle. Last semester, I cleared off my desk and told myself no more homework in bed! My bed is a sacred place made for crucial naps and netflix. Physically sitting myself in my desk means work time. Sitting on my bed automatically switches my brain into relax mode. AKA nothing gets done at all. Here are a few things I keep around my desk to keep me organized and motivated.


Yes, I do use all of those notebooks plus more. My planner is amazing. I found it at TJMaxx for twelve bucks! The sides of the pages are gold which makes it look so cute and chic when it's closed. The inside contains monthly calendars, a notes section, weekly calendars and a map (You never know). 

My everyday journal says "Day by Day" on it in gold lettering. I also snagged this from TJMaxx for about seven bucks. It instantly caught my attention because "Day by Day" is a perfect little mantra for every day life. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow! Don't take on everything in one day, just take it one day at a time. In this journal, I write about my blog ideas, my goals, things I'm thankful for, excited for, etc. I pour out whatever I feel like every day. It feels awesome to let out so many things on paper. 
The little floral notebook is my "list of things" notebook. I make lists for EVERYTHING! I list my homework assignments, my shopping list, things to do in the week, things to do in the month, shows to watch, books to read, classes to take, etc etc etc. I literally list everything. It makes me feel so much better getting everything that I have to do off of my mind and onto paper. Maybe I'm crazy, but it totally helps. It's like moving unused apps into the trash bin. You know they're still there but it doesn't bother you as much. Does that make sense? No? Okay. 
Ipad mini. I recently purchased this with my new iPhone 6. It came with some deal Verizon talked me into. I first thought to myself, "What the heck do I need this iPad for!?" When I got home, I removed all social media apps off of my phone and onto my iPad. This way, I can reduce my phone usage AND save my data at the same time! I only check my social media at home while connected to wifi. I also manage my bloglovin account, answer emails, and gather inspiration in the morning while drinking my coffee. 

I love having my desk near a window. Natural lighting is awesome, and it also offers me some sunshine to keep me awake and focused. Putting plants on my desk offers some good feng shui to my entire room. I love these little guys! 

What's on your desk? 

-J.H
Ps) If you'd like a post on how I use my daily planner, let me know! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Images