Becoming a morning person

Lately, I’ve been trying to drag myself up out of bed around 8 or 8:30 to get a head start on my day. My sleeping pattern is so thrown of...


Lately, I’ve been trying to drag myself up out of bed around 8 or 8:30 to get a head start on my day. My sleeping pattern is so thrown off due to my work hours, so usually I sleep in until 11:30 when ever I get the chance. This, of course, causes me to be even MORE tired than before (even when I don’t think it’s possible to be even more tired). When I wake up early, I get enough time to build some energy and get started on my day so I’m not running around finishing things last minute.  Here’s some things I’ve been going by each morning!

The night before//

v End your day the right way.
I’ve been trying to end my day with a relaxing hot bath. Especially after a long and hectic day, your mind is still trying to catch up with your body. This causes you to stay up until the early hours of the morning, which then causes you to sleep until the late hours in the afternoon. Ending the day with a bath can relax your mind which can allow you to mentally end the day and go to sleep with a clear mind.

v Make a to-do list.
It’s so much easier waking up knowing that your day is already planned out. This can reduce stress in the morning by thinking about all the things you need to do and what to do first.

v Plan a yummy breakfast!
Who doesn’t wake up in a good mood when you know the first thing you do is consume delicious food!? Lately, I’ve been making an over-easy egg with a slice of a whole wheat bagel thin and two slices of turkey bacon.

The morning of//

v Make your bed!
If you make your bed first thing each morning, you will be more likely to reduce stress since making your bed can make you feel a sense of accomplishment. Beginning your day with a feeling of accomplishment can ONLY mean good things! Plus, it lets your mind know that bed time is over for the day.

v Have a coffee/tea ritual.
While you’re enjoying your morning coffee or tea, have “me” time. Especially if you have a busy day ahead of you, beginning your day with a little relaxation and time for your own self-enjoyment will lift your spirits. I’ve been reading my favorite blogs, my boyfriend’s favorite book that I FINALLY started to read, or lately I’ve been enjoying the Cosmopolitan articles on snapchat.

v Stretch/meditate.
Stretching or meditation can sync up your mind and your body, making for a balanced and peaceful day.

v Review your to-do list.
Complete a task one at a time. Do not think that every task has to be done all at once, or else you’ll never get any of them done! Tip: In my planner, Ive been writing an inspiring quote each day to go by. It puts me in a good mood and each time I’m feeling down, I say the quote to myself to ease my stress.


Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Images