Bareface

Since I was in 8th grade, I have been fascinated with the art of makeup and the different looks and shades that could be put on a face. I ne...

Since I was in 8th grade, I have been fascinated with the art of makeup and the different looks and shades that could be put on a face. I never had a problem with how I looked until I found out how I could look with makeup on. Since then, It has been very hard for me to go out in public without makeup. I started to break out and I noticed the dark circles under my eyes more and more as days passed. I started obsessing over new products and treatments that my skin began to rely on them.

One day, I decided to suck it up and run to the supermarket with absolutely no makeup on. I saw a girl I knew and she asked me if I was sick or if I was hungover because I looked exhausted. I ran back home and put makeup on my face again. A few weeks later I went to the same place with only tinted moisturizer on. I saw a former co-worker and she asked me what happened to my face. I had one pimple on my forehead. First of all, if you notice that someone has a breakout, or if someone looks like they could have used another cup of coffee that morning, DON'T stress to them that you've noticed. Instead, compliment their hair or their outfit. Your other option is so crazy I bet some people never even thought about it! DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

I've decided to go one week without makeup. I have tried this before and it got too overwhelming and  frustrating. This week I mean it. I want my nieces, cousins and friends to know that makeup is not beauty. While I originally started to wear and collect makeup was out of interest, it has become a daily necessity. Beauty is not another layer on top of your face. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to focus on my inner beauty instead of relying on my outer beauty. I challenge who ever is reading this to go at least one day without a confidence blanket. Whether that be makeup, curled hair, etc. Embrace your natural beauty! I will record my progress and post it next week. Until then.

xoxo
Joanna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Images