Spring Makeup Essentials

This summer/spring I've promised myself to take better care of my skin. When the sun comes out, your skin soaks up all of those ra...



This summer/spring I've promised myself to take better care of my skin. When the sun comes out, your skin soaks up all of those rays to create a beautiful summer glow! It's best to go with as little makeup as possible while the sun is out. Sweating with caked on foundation is never going to be good for your skin. I've found three staple products that are light and natural, and definitely what I will be wearing this summer/spring. 

I've been driving myself crazy trying to find a quick, easy and natural product to fill in my sparse spots in my eyebrows. For a while, I've used the E.L.F brow duo (I think that's what it's called) with the gel and powder. My eyebrows always looked like a weird shade, and it was so obvious that I filled them in. Regardless, it was not a bad product to use at all. I've heard a lot of hype about Anastasia's brow wiz, but I've never come around to a Sephora or an Ulta to check it out. However, a few days ago, my sister and I have made a trip to the Cherry Hill mall in New Jersey. I popped in Sephora and said "Why not?". Why didn't anyone tell me to buy this before!? I've decided on dark brown, because my hair is dark brown (duh). It's made to be extremely light and natural. It's a twisty pencil, and the tip is thinner than I had expected. The reasoning for that is so that it is easier to recreate small hairs in order to create a natural, full look. Definitely repurchasing! 

Even though this is labeled as a bronzer, I use it more as a highlighter. If you only are interested in a contouring bronzer, this might not be for you. I use this on the apples of my cheeks and blend it in with whatever bronzer I used that day to contour. It creates a healthy, natural, dewy, glowing effect on your cheek bones. There's a darker shade, which I have purchased when Sun Kissed was not available. I would have to use it for contouring because it's too dark to be a highlighter. But, if I'm in a rush or just plain lazy, I will use the darker shade as the contour and as a little highlight since it has a bit of shimmer to it. I haven't went a day without wearing this since I've bought my first tin! (Is it even in a tin?)

As mentioned while talking about Anastasia's Brow Wiz, I've heard a lot of hype about Nars' Sheer Glow Foundation. I've always wanted to try it, but before my shopping trip in Cherry Hill, I've reminded myself that there's no use in buying 40$ foundation if I won't be wearing it until fall. So, I did what I always do (I hope I'm not the only one) and I turned to youtube and google to tell me if the tinted moisturizer was a product worth trying. I've used the E.L.F tinted moisturizer, and I loved it. So I figured that Nars wouldn't let me down. They didn't! It's super radiant, (shocker) light, natural, and has a light to medium coverage (if you apply two layers).

All three of these combined creates a natural, glowing look. I've been in search for a good natural healthy looking makeup combination to create perfect looking skin.
What are your summer/spring make up staples?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Images